Friday, July 24

"We didn't start the fire..."

Not to scare anyone, but we thought we'd let you all know. At around 2 pm on July 23rd we had a bad field fire right next to Mom and Dad Hawkins property. Ashley had to be a firewoman for a while, spraying everything she could with the hose, but couldn't do too much more when the wind took the flames. No of us or the neighbors or their animals got hurt and all of mom and dad's property was mostly saved except the south side vegetation of the house. However, it did burn the back far side of the unfinished house, all the way to the drywall, the back trees, and all the vegetation up to the planter boxes and to Ashley and Jeremey's bedroom window on the south side. None of the house was damaged except that back corner though, thank goodness. The firefighters got everything under control after that point and they think the source of the fire was the neighbors generator but we will know more when the paper comes out with all the details next week. Just thought we'd include some pictures for y'all to see.

1 comment:

The Roberts Family said...

Yikes, I bet that was scary! I'm glad that everyone is okay and that the house wasn't too burnt!